Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Problems Opening Recently Purchased Designer Pro

Thanks. I sent the Xara Contact Us link a message and hopefully they will connect me with the proper department.

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I purchased it directly from Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    I purchased it directly from Xara.
    So you got v20 Perpetual? If so, Xara might have some sort of workaround. Why have you never upgraded to W10; that was free for ages?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, I got to V20 Perpetual. Don't like operating system upgrades because I would have to purchase many dollars for upgrading my system programs to a new operating system. I'm able to use all my programs through Windows 7.

there is a potential cost to running an out of date and unsecure operating system, but I am sure you know this and allow for it

and of course, as you may have found out, sooner or later new programs will not run...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Oh yes and thank you for reminding me that there is a very great risk running Windows 7, no updates but I love it except for now that I can't upgrade to Pro.

Hopefully, Acorn can find a workaround but I'm not sure if he was just saying that Xara might get back to me with a workaround. I'm just hanging in there and I know something will get fixed.

yes thought win 7 would be too old

[as for win 8, I try to forget about it, only good thing about it, better then vista]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...