Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara AI

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara AI

ok I guess, on the technical level which I will have to take at face value, but what about the wider picture

the more AI is used as a tool to produce something new, the more incestuous it becomes, the more watered down the result over time, the less new it actually is

that said artists nick left right and centre but artists adopt creative treatments whereas, for all it's hype, AI is at heart painting-by-numbers

if it were only used in creative situations to rough out ideas maybe not so bad, but that isn't going to happen, it already hasn't

threshold levels shift; what was pretty amazing today becomes yesterday's news; it is like a drug, sooner or later there will be an almighty hangover when it can no longer pull unexpected rabbits out of hats

there is a point of view that says AI can learn to be creative; I'm an animator, I can see AI being 'creative' in the same way that bugs bunny appears to walk and talk - but that is the illusion of moving pictures, and any creativity displayed by AI is an illusion too; no matter how good it is, it is still painting by numbers underneath
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Xara AI

All things considered, this is just the beginning. There are various quirks with ChatGPT. There is a sponsor on NPR (National Public Radio) that advertises a ChatGPT-based product that among other things, they claim is hallucination free!