Quote Originally Posted by Merlinski View Post
Anyone else feel the same vibes?
LOL for most of the last 20 years, yes.

And yet, despite never using the web design functions, and despite having bought licences for virtually every competitior product and tried using those instead, and despite absolutely loathing the modern-day monochrome toolbars... I have bought almost every upgrade that Xara has released over 25 years and am into my third or fourth year of subscribing to the Pro+ (or Team+) licence, and I still use Xara Designer every single day.

I did buy and return for a refund (in protest) some of the later Magix-released versions between maybe X12 and X19 as a "bollocks to this" smite on the webdesign focus, but it didn't throw me off, and I doubt anyone even notices. I can't do that with the Team+ subscription but I'd keep it going for the support and knowledge that no matter the changes to Windows or PCs, they'll keep it going. I've had other essential programs go out of support, not get updates, and eventually break - I'm hoping that Xara is making stacks of money and keeps going for another 20 years - not least because I don't want to have to learn any of the other programs I've bought and not used as alternatives!

I just hope they don't bet the farm on selling subscriptions to real estate agents or people desperate to brand templates or amateur webdesigners.