Quote Originally Posted by Jack Terrier View Post
i did the same thing but it just pasted the same old button no text box came upClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-15 094403.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	134419
That box appears once, when you paste something for the first time

If you're going to a second page and pasting again, the different behaviour isn't really because you are pasting to a different page, rather, it's the second time you're pasting the same thing.

You'd not get the prompt if you pasted for a second time on the same first page, either

Go back to wherever you copied from, and copy it again. Xara will not notice that you've copied the same thing again, so when you paste it, you'll be "pasting for the first time" and will therefore get the prompt again.

There was a bug for more than a decade where sometimes you'd copy something new and when you pasted, you would still paste the old thing - it could affect anything at any time, and restarting Xara was the only thing that cleared it. I don't remember when this was fixed, 4-5 years ago maybe. I don't use Xara for website generation, and that bugfix alone was the best feature upgrade for me, for a long time!