I think the problem may be that I have had to split websites in the past which is probably why that one shows seven pages but I reduced it to four putting the other three on another website. What I don't understand is that my files show the four pages c, d, e, f but the Control Center shows folders for a, c, g and htm files of a, b, c, e, d, f. Seems that splitting the website has (obviously?) retained the old files as well. I could delete all the files in the Control Center for that website and then export them back.

I am not going to pretend to understand what appears in the Control Center. Looking at this website which has two pages http://lc4mkm.xara.hosting/2023blog/2023blog2.htm I would have expected to see htm_files folders for two pages but there is only one but two htm files. Am I to assume the htm_files folder has the files for two pages?

Could I do that with the index_htm_files folder (which is from another website) i.e. delete or rename it and then export it again?
No I'm not storing the XAR file on my webspace.
Maybe optimising all photos may be the way to go should I ever get near the 500mb.
Thanks