Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link mouse over colour customization

Is there any way I can customise the colours of a link individually and override xara link colours, which they apply to all the links on the site?
    Say, I have three links and I want each one to have a different mouse down and mouse over colour. How I do that? I can do it manually with copy and paste in same position, soft group, change mouse over colour etc..... But I wonder if there is an easier way to do that. Is there any option in xara that I missed? Thanks in advance

Default Re: Link mouse over colour customization

Andre, a website-wide setup is covered by the settings in Website > Website link colours for a text object.

For MouseOver/MouseDown objects you have total control over Fill & Transparency of each grouping in the three layers.

Beyond that, you need to employ CSS and Names.
    Look at https://www.w3schools.com/Css/css_link.asp > More Examples.

The equivalent in Xara would be for a given set of links, get each a htmlclass="style01" Name
    The CSS in the Website Code (body) would be:
    <style>
    .style01 a:link {color:#FF0000;} /* unvisited link, same as regular 'a' */
    .style01 a:hover {color:#FF00FF;} /* mouse over link */
    .style01 a:focus {color:#0000FF;} /* link has focus */
    .style01 a:active {color:#0000FF;} /* selected link */
    .style01 a:visited {color:#00FF00;} /* visited link */
    </style>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

To illustrate what Acorn posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	custom color.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	133393  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    To illustrate what Acorn posted.
    Website > Web colours apply to all links used in the site. Is there any way I can use custom colours for every single link individually, without going through the CSS path? Just Xara

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    Website > Web colours apply to all links used in the site. Is there any way I can use custom colours for every single link individually, without going through the CSS path? Just Xara
    Andre, as I described, Website-wide is Method 1. Method 2 is pure Xara. Method 3 is CSS.

I explained it this way to let you and other understand Method 1 is only applicable to Text.

For Method 2, for each Link you will need to create 3 separate objects with intrinsic colours, disabling common website link colours and removing the underline option.

Not at all elegant. Links are supposed to be consistent. You seem to want to create a chimera.
    If you do this, you need to create a solid colour scheme to save you guessing what link colour is expected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay. Maybe I failed to describe this properly. Let's say I have the word 'HOME' and the word 'ABOUT'. I want them both to link somewhere but with different mouse over colours. 'HOME' red with mouse over black and 'ABOUT ' green with mouse over yellow. How do i do that? Sorry but I can't get my head around it. Is there any way I can do this with xara without workaround? I am sure I did it in the past but I can't remember how

Thanks Acorn for your patience

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    Okay. Maybe I failed to describe this properly. Let's say I have the word 'HOME' and the word 'ABOUT'. I want them both to link somewhere but with different mouse over colours. 'HOME' red with mouse over black and 'ABOUT ' green with mouse over yellow. How do i do that? Sorry but I can't get my head around it. Is there any way I can do this with xara without workaround? I am sure I did it in the past but I can't remember how
    Andre, at its simplest: Xara - About the Home.xar

Acorn