Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: bitmap tracer confusion for simple scan of words drawn by hand

Yes, Thank you. I've examined my original scan 600 dpi, but pencil marks for some reason don't close fully some letters (to make MS Paint fill bucket work for example). The smoothing parameter, I have yet to test, I always kept that the same value when tweking others, but I suspect it could be related to the whisps. I also thought Bitmap tracer could fix it, or didn't know the scan had so many gaps, and then xfer to MS Paint for fill bucket. So, I'll look at the scanning settings. Thank you.

I somehow stumbled upon this link, https://youtu.be/2exqqn1aXyE?si=_K2goh3U8TybWy5R

It's a youtube video from Xara, about BitMap Tracer. It shows a little more about the sliders! Excellent! and I rescanned images using "document" instead of "photo" quality, which helped clean the scans.
    And for future reference, I found using Xara's Create Bitmap copy and toggling the setting the "2 colors" reduced a bunch of noise to black and white, and then when using another program, filling objects with color has become simple with Microsoft Paint.

good to see you make progress
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...