Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: The possiblities of Xara's Mould

sadly no... or that other Liverpool Poet: Brian Patten: 'Gargling with Jelly' might have gone down well after Spike... so to speak...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@hd - I've just sent for a second-hand copy of that Brian Patten Poetry book. It's illustrated by Chris Riddell which is a great bonus.

I seem to be rediscovering the joy of poetry lately. If you're ever down Whitefriargate (Hull) there's a cafe/record/bookshop called Wrecking Ball which has good selection of poetry publications (and a decent coffee): https://wreckingballstore.co.uk/prod...rature/poetry/

(apologies Gare for going a bit off topic)
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I haven't used the mould tool in that way, yet. About the only thing I've done is create a complex shape in Xara, then export it as an AI/EPS file, to import into Wings 3D to create a one-way extrusion of the shape, then export that to OBJ format, to import to Vue Creator to use for 3D illustrations...

The first image is an aerial view of a Japanese imperial capital within a distant star system. The shape of the city is the chrysanthemum kammon, or the imperial family crest. The second image, was a depiction of the Shogun's imperial flagship, the crest on it's back is the butterfly kammon of the Taira house of the Shogun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-kyo-aerial-new.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	133076Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kiyomori-battlestar-new.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	133075

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    @hd - I've just sent for a second-hand copy of that Brian Patten Poetry book. It's illustrated by Chris Riddell which is a great bonus.

I seem to be rediscovering the joy of poetry lately. If you're ever down Whitefriargate (Hull) there's a cafe/record/bookshop called Wrecking Ball which has good selection of poetry publications (and a decent coffee): https://wreckingballstore.co.uk/prod...rature/poetry/

(apologies Gare for going a bit off topic)
    yes we have been to the wrecking ball
    hope you are getting on with gargling with jelly, my daughter loved it

@gare - yes sorry for the digression... have you tried the affinity 2 warp for vector ? - leaves xara's mould behind in the dust...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...