Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
@Egg, don't give up on Tables right away.

You can make one as a 1x1 single ell and turn it into a text panel where the border and fill are sensibly constructed.

With a very quick test, I have found:
  1. The tables are row-centric in that you can add/remove/resize text and the Row height adjusts.
    1. Sadly, do a resize up and back to an embedded shape and the Row sticks at its deepest height
    2. You can manually drag the Blue Row bar to adjust.

2. The Table controls have greyed out dots that are a big UI advance.
    1. On the UI front, the Blue Dashed bounding box for selected shapes not longer kisses the shape edges.

3. Internal program error 5508.k.No.le when trying to Paste another Table into a Cell.
  4. Table Cell Border Style does not show the Dotted ones.
  5. To move a Row or Column and contents, you have to create a blank one, Delete the old and Paste into the new.
  6. I would still like the Xara HTML Filter to render actual HTML <table> tags...

Acorn
Hi Acorn,

1. (Tables are capable of growing and shrinking when text changes in all four axis directions but this is not exposed in the UI yet.)

1.1 Not sure what your test case is here (or why the embedded shape is significant) but Rows (and Cols) record their size whenever it is set by the user and won't automatically shrink below that size.
E.g. If the tallest text in a row is 5cm high, the user drags the row height to be 7cm (or sets it numerically), then types text to make the row even taller and deletes back again, the row will stop shrinking at 7cm.

3. Unfortunately this is a late introduced bug. It will be patched soon.

4. Don't understand. Table border styles are not the same as Camelot dash patterns (which don't include a true dotted type), they are a subset of HTML table border styles. Here's the borders dialog showing the dotted border style: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table borders 1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	132711

5. Movement of rows/cols by dragging will be implemented in the near future. The online client can already do it.

6. We're working on it.

I will answer your follow-up post next. Please bear with me.

Phil