You've outdone yourself, Acorn.

That is, I'm completely baffled over what you did: your method, as you described in your link above, is intended to allow a Web page to feature an object, not just as an image, but one that can be viewed from many angles? Not sure how Xara Designer enters the picture. :) !

I've seen rendered objects that can be rotated and stuff in (almost) real time on free and commercial model stores on the Web. Here's one such if this is related to your work...

SketchFab usually free models

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toy water pistol.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	132561

That said, I took the liberty and I hope you don't mind, of doing something leagues less ambitious; I just rendered the windmill, with JPEG image maps attached correctly, did a little color correction and found the appropriate Getty image. The wavy reflection is Flaming Pear's Flood filter.

Name:	windmill.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	132562

Both your approach and what I do are valid and interesting things to do in a 3D realm.

We have almost 100 hits in three days and no one has hopped in yet. Folks, post anything related to 3D that you like (SFW, okay?), that you'd like to talk about, and help us breathe some air into this forum.

I will try tomorrow to post a somewhat advanced tutorial on how to use the 3D Extrude tool to create a toy train.

Name:	train tute.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	132563

[ ] Yay?

[ ] Nay?

[ ] None of the below.

;) g