Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I agree, we're naturally averse to change - but once we're used to something new, looking back at something old does show that there was an improvement

Except with Microsoft Office 2010. I loved those colourful icons, and really miss them. Sure, Office 365's new ribbon and most of the changes are nice, but since Office 2013 went all monochrome and newer versions regained only a little of the colour, I do still miss Office 2010 - nearly ten years on.

I don't know, but I wonder if it's because I'm naturally short sighted, and while I wear glasses almost all of the time, that when I don't have my glasses, I rely on colour to identify things. No idea if there's any truth in that, but it's something I heard on the radio once and it didn't sound wrong!

For Xara Designer Pro+ v22, it's less than a day in, far too early to say if I like it or not. It's different, that's all I can say. I only have Full HD screens but I'm sure on higher resolution screens, the all hi-res interface looks great, no matter if it's "only" the new monochrome.
Human brains associate when looking, hearing, touching or smelling, imo you're right.
Developers make these mistakes often by making things just one color but it is bad user experience because we have to keep looking for the right tool(tip) or gain muscle memory by using shortkeys.
But then we have to set up each similar program to have the same shortkeys.