Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Horrid zombie update messages, how to turn off?

I've been getting this message, too, every time I run up the app, but it never installs anything, because next time whether I had clicked on it or not, it asks me to install it all over again, and the next time, and the next time. It won't install, and I get no error messages that it has failed to install. On top of that, my update subscription expired on 4th March 2020, as I also get reminded every time I've run up the app since then. It gets old really, really quickly!

Edit: Even running up XDP as administrator doesn't get it to install properly, as I just tried that in the vain hope it would stop pestering me to re-install it.

Good lord, long time no see Mike
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, Egg, I hope you are well? I see many of the old faces (well, you know what I mean) are still around. Sorry to be coming back with problems instead of solutions these days. I did notice earlier today in an update document that SVG resizing on import no longer happens by default! My XPGD-17 needed a registry fix to make it behave.

I still use it almost every day, and recently Xara3D too. I'd promised to try making a stamp for wax seals for the son of a long time friend, for the son's approaching 21st Birthday last year, after which he suggested I make one from myself, so I did. And that might make for an interesting post.

Oh, dear; I think I may have just committed myself, haven't I?

go for it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes you have!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm on it! Just organising things, so just a day or so, I think, and in a fresh post.

OK, I've posted the article as a pdf in the Xara Art Gallery forum, as it seems the most appropriate place for the content. Sorry it took so long, there was a fair bit of tidying up to make things presentable! Not to mention getting the output to retain its graphic detail without going over TG's limits, because of quite a few images embedded in it.

Edited for spelling!