Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
Forrest,

Once you have added your image to Open Graph, you need to re-publish your website. If you have been successful, you will see the meta 'og' tags in your source code; they should look something like this - there is no need to ftp the image to your server.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OG Tags Source Code.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	130577

Thereafter, you need to head over to Facebook debug, add your full URL https://......... and 'scrape' to see the image in situ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	130578

You may get a message that the FB id is missing - this is irrelevant, but if you have a FB developer id you can manually add the meta tag to the website HTML(head): <meta property="fb:app_id" content="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" /> content is your FD developer ID.

Gary

Thanks so much. Dumb question, if I may. Does the image have to be one on the webpage itself? The default Xara setting doesn't look like it is. Basically, can I make a special 'cover page' image and 'import' it to Xara and that will work, or does it have to be an image on the webpage? I tried importing some, but when I made them at 1200 x 630, they all changed size when they were imported.

Do I have to make a folder for these images on my server space too?

Apologies for asking dim questions.

Yours,
Forrest