Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
Again, Why? Why close it or delete it? Because there wasn't only a bunch of enthuistic responses?
I foolishly thought that (however flawed) some positive mention of Xara was a good thing, instead people seem intent on using it as an opportunity to lambast the post I linked to and indeed Xara in general.

I had expected some enthusiasm and some enthusiastic responses instead it's become a bad refection of the angst in the Xara community and really the whole thing now serves no purpose besides as a magnet for rather churlish users. The link is not to a review but simply to a subjective product summary.

I guess that I am in a minority of one in thinking that anything that directs someone to find out more about the product, even in a way that doesn't agree with some users is a good thing.

If an old version of the software is available at a low price, that's not a bad thing either since it is either a route to a discounted upgrade path or may well suit many users who have a restricted budget.

It's for the purchaser to decide the value of the product not the Xara expert users here.

You guys are a mean-sprited lot of so and so's !