Again, Why? Why close it or delete it? Because there wasn't only a bunch of enthuistic responses?
Some people have used Xara for book production so while it is far from being the best for that purpose it is possible and favoured for that by some eminent users.
And I am quite "happy" that the 1-3 users that have created a, or X number, of book(s) in an Xara product have done so. But, then again, the article mentioned a defunct Xara product that, to the best of my knowledge, isn't/hasn't/wasn't used for said books.

One of my issues with the referenced article using a defunct Xara application as a recommendation is people will/can be sorely misled by it. That missleading doesn't do Xara (the company) any good what so ever. Even if the article mentioned Xara Designer Pro, the article would be at best an inaccurate representation of XDP's capabilities--at least as regards a new user. Which, again, doesn't do Xara (the company) any good.

If Xara (the company) wants good press to further its name, there are ways to do that. Xara (the company) historically hasn't seem to care about actual marketing.

Is XDP, XP&GD, et al good software? I think it is. I would love to see real reviews concerning it. But they should be about the software's strength at the core of said review...even if the reviewer touched on edge-cases (such as layout).