Acorn I just said what I have been doing. From my perspective that worked well and there's so little traffic on TG that the daily posts view is fine.

From the perspective of community management I entirely get it that my browsing behaviour isn't helpful. It's not something I'd considered.

I'm not sure you can necessarily shift people's behaviour much because there is so little traffic and most of the TG posts tend to relate to the shortcomings of Magix and the latest release.

I ceased to be a real Xara user some time back but I like the community.

I think the real issue with TG is not whether people log in or not but that the emphasis of the community has moved from having a buzz about new releases and functionality (because new releases are paper-thin in terms of new capability), and it seems that the problems with the lack of software innovation and direction has led to a collapse of posts from the creative side.

TG's community has grown old and stale as have the developers of the software. No good flinging stones about it because in some ways it's about the natural lifecycle of products.

I think creatives have mostly migrated to other software than is more receptive to their interests and TG has mostly moved towards being a support group for people making websites.

There would be a lot more reason to login if there was something to login for.

The community has been somewhat let down by Xara and Magix because they are essentially running the businesses like it's 1990 while other vendors are stimulating their user communities and nurturing them via competitions, promotions, informative videos, posting and books even - definitely strong social media promotion and advertising. Xara and Magix has let the user community wither away.

I have a favourite program I use for graphics work for UIs and it's not that old but it has suffered because while it hasn't evolved other competitors have emerged and evolved more quickly. I stick with it because it works well for me and I only update when I get a great offer. I can tell that the company is struggling a bit because their social media group is starting to get thin and they've offered monthly subscriptions and users are using competitor software now.

Anyway, I digress I suppose.

Analysing thread subjects and posting trends should give the real picture. TG is now mostly a tech-support group for Magix/Xara.