Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Pro Designer X 18: Bug with Exporting to SVG

Confirmed Xara Pro+ v21.2 has the same Parser but v18.0 fails with:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
    <!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
    XML Parsing error - line2, pos 11:
    DTD is prohibited.

<!--Generator: Xara Designer (www.xara.com), SVG filter version: 6.6.0.1-->

@Xara - get Magix to fix this in the next 9 days or my Update Service will have expired and I'll be stuck with a buggy v18.0! [Sorry - my sarcasm filter is also buggy]

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I also noticed that in Windows Explorer that the thumbnail is displayed wrong,
    but if I double-click on the thumbnail then in what I think is the Window's native viewer, it is displayed correctly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVG viewer.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	129691

The SVG's open perfectly in Inkscape, Firefox and Edge. (which could be the default viewer) Could it be that Chrome is the problem?

Opens fine in Chrome as well.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The toobar developer who used the problematic SVG file noticed the same issues.
    When I ungrouped the sublevel grouping and then exported the SVG the problem was resolved.