I go over some of the lacking features, BUT if you have a cloud drive mapped to your machine, you can still get cloud sharing style features out of Xara. I do mention there's no handwriting conversion in Xara. This was more or less an experiment in thinking about Xara in a different way to see how it would stack up. Personally, I have a reMarkable 2 on the way, so that's going to be what I actually use from then on. Most doodling/note taking I do is for me, so things like cloud sharing isn't a priority for me, but I know for others, that and ability to do handwriting recognition is important, especially if you need to email something or want to take a lot of notes you've worked to a more final stage without having to retype everything you already wrote down.

That said, as a basic tool for note taking, Xara seems like it might be up to the task, albeit with limitations. I even suggest if someone has 2 versions of Xara, they can install the older one (if it's not already there on the computer) along side the newer one so that their tools and screen setup is tailored to note taking and they don't have to mess around with it between graphics/web sessions and note taking sessions.

I think it was just a fun exercise and if others find use or amusement in this experiment, cool!