Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Since the images in the original carved stone thread are pretty hefty in file size, I thought I would start a new thread.

Here is Carved In Stone III.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in_stone_III.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	4335  

Since the images in the original carved stone thread are pretty hefty in file size, I thought I would start a new thread.

Here is Carved In Stone III.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Good idea Gary about starting a new thread. Here's a link to the earlier thread. (So it stays connected).

I like your latest image but I must admit I didn't "get" your 'Rest In Peace' reference at first. I guess I'm slow! My first read was 'Raster Image Processing' and that didn't make much sense. Oh well, Silly me!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

all this hate and anger? I do have problems with this "we are/have the best" fanaticism. Hey, we're talking about a TOOL, on which we have our opinion, and if other people use another one, they are free to do so. What counts is creativity, what you do with it.
    You sneer at Macfans, but, permit me the wordplay, you use "appletalk" yourself.
    This isn't funny anymore, and far from inspiring people to get to know Xara.
    I prefer starting from my own strenght and I do not feel the need, to use Bob Dylan's words, to get the others down in the hole that I'm in.
    Let's try to be a little tolerant, and, if you prefer it, leave the others to their ignorance.

Gary, this is NOT specifically against you, but against a mentality that is growing worse.

Gary and Ross, you guys are have a lot of fun with this. Here's another attempt by me.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Name:	cutstone2.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	9253  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice work GP!

pw

Erik,

what are you whining about ??
    Do you have to take every word as a declaration for war ??

I am an avid user of Photoshop since Ver.2.5 and I use / love it as much as Xara. And I am not bothered in any way by Gary's words.

We are *having* fun here, and if we can't mock about others once in a while, where would the fun be ??

Do you really think, that ANYBODY in this forum is dumb or ignorant enough to start hating Adobe / Macromedia / whoever just because Gary made a funny drawing ??

And, by the way, yes we ARE the best !!!

Wolfgang

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Soquili - I've seen signs that look exactly like your drawing: Polished cast brass letters set into stone. Very elegant.

Erik - Thanks. I recognize I sometimes behave with a fanaticsm that I don't particularly agree with on an intellectual level. In the future I'll think twice about this issue when I post.

I don't see these Forums as a fan site and I think we'd all be worse off if that aspect of them starts to dominate. I see us all as "users" rather than "fans". IMHO we participate to share ideas and learn from each other, not to praise Xara. By and large I think most of us have an open mind about software and don't seriously condemn those who prefer or simply use other software. That said, I personally found the recent thread about 3d artists a little too bigoted for my participation. Apple-bashing, Microsoft-bashing, or anybody-bashing have, IMHO, little to do with the core purpose of these forums. Your post is, I hope, a wakeup call for us to think about what we write here and what these forums mean to us.

There are likely many lurkers who visit the forums but who never post. Why? I'd like to think they all know their participation is welcome. Maybe our words and images sometimes say something different...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 16, 2001 at 03:09 PM.]

With apologies to Ivan's rose; and Shakespeare.

Name:	chisel.gif 
Views:	632 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	357  

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Why all this hate and anger? I do have problems with this "we are/have the best" fanaticism. Hey, we're talking about a TOOL, on which we have our opinion, and if other people use another one, they are free to do so. What counts is creativity, what you do with it.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric

It's not hate and anger but pride and enthusiasm for Xara. And it's all in fun (at least I think it is) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Here is a carved stone wheel, killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. And no, it is not going to Raster Image Process anybody nor is it going to run over and squash Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand.

Soquili and Fossman, cool images by both of you.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on April 16, 2001 at 03:00 PM.]

Name:	in_stone_IIII.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	10977