Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Greetings Xarans,
    I have not been around for a while, loads of work... and that means, *loads* of .xar files... And as they pile up, I am going nuts with the little preview XaraX gives us...
    Does anyone know if a Xara compatible broswer/filemanager/indexer is available anywhere? Did anyone write an app/plugin like this? Free or fee would be OK. Something like JASC's Media Center, or the Browse in PSP, that thumbnails all files in a folder, or... the likes of it... If not, any chance Xara would be working on anything like this? I just can't stand it anymore when I forget where I put something or what I named a file, to go through them one by one... I guess I am going senile... Even forgot I had already registered with TalkingGraphics for this Forum... Even pulled m hair when told someone with the same user name was already registered... Anyway, any help/pointers would be much appreciated...
    (I know the Xara format is top secret stuff, so it ain't available anywhere... but... Am I the only one feeling I need this tool?... Gary, any chance you could put a word with the people at Xara for this... Makes sense to anyone else?...)
    Kind regards,
    Joao

Gives a little bitmap of every XaraX file, and you can configure it to run Xara to open them.

And it does lots of other filetypes, basic bitmap operations eg rotate, slideshow mode, knock up web thumbnail pages etc etc

Have a look for it.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I have XnView ... shows a .xar file as a thumbnail and a ton of other files

http://www.xnview.com/

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

In the clipart gallery >Add disc clip art

You can then preview with a thumbnail or drag it into XaraX to see what the heck that file was. If it isn't what you thought, ctr+z (undo) and its gone. Try it.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

XnView is wonderful!!! I can't believe all the formats it views. I thought "there is no way it can do this" Every animated GIF displays and runs perfectly, the image files all open wonderfully and the .xar files are all readable. I will never have to second guess what's in a file again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm one happy camper here. I'm also downloading the free Raytracer program and the example files to see what it can do.

One other thing about XnView is that the options are chalked full of, you guessed it, OPTIONS!!! Not one or two things but every area of this program has options for it including the file types themselves. It's free on top of it. I almost feel guilty NOT sending this person some cash!!!!

5 stars in my book. Invaluable tool!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks so much for the link [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Glad you like XnView [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . I original found it when I discovered Painter 6 won't give a preview thumbnail of any image unless it's been saved from Painter (How dumb)! .... needless to say texture files were a big problem in that case. So I found this and I could browse textures and just drag onto Painter on the task bar and then into painter to open it.

I have discovered one file type it won't show .... Expression2 files ( .xpr ) .... I'll have to send a request about that to see if the developer might include it.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Didn't I tell you these folks would come up with the answer :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Default Re: .XAR files indexer/browser/filemanager anyone?

i just dl'd/installed xnview and it is great at displaying pics, but it will not display .xar files in a slideshow.... unless i am doing something wrong...