Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Accessibility requirements

Thanks. My best friend in college (60 years ago) was blind, and through him I met most of the other blind students. Life is hard for them. That is why I set up a 35-page "accessible" website with all of the information from our main Xara website. Not to make money, but to help people.

The typical blind person has better visualization than most sighted people. They use their hands to "see" what you look like - they place their hands gently on your face. That is how they can "visualize" your face later on.

Anything we can do to help make life a little easier for them is worth doing, imho.

Ed

Default Re: Accessibility requirements

I’m a bit saddened, but not surprised to read that accessibility is still such an issue nowadays. Producing highly accessible websites should be a natural, ethical starting (and selling) point and benefit to all.

I don't do anything webby now, but I was involved with the creation and maintenance of an intranet website for a local government organisation in 2001. In those days websites were often ‘hard coded’ (and hand coded) using programs like Macromedia Dreamweaver, but even back then, accessibility was a hot topic to be taken seriously and designed in from the start.

The latest UK government guidance can be found here:
    https://www.gov.uk/service-manual/he...e-your-service
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022