'Responsive design' is quite silly as a concept. At what point is someone going to literally load up a website on a pc then suddenly shoot it over their cell phone? You're really designing two sites and of those two sites, you'll be doing two different things. I don't want to read a long diatribe if I'm on a phone and I don't want to watch some stupid presentation if I'm on my underpowered PC (seriously there's a lot of websites that kick my fan on these days because they just waste resources to put words on screen...it's madenning).

Overall, the internet's design philosophies make absolutely no sense. It's like...imagine releasing a Shakespear play IN FULL and every sentence is a separate page complete with a pop up book. That's how the internet generally operates on a technical level. It's absurd.

Seriously, just make two sites. You can still reuse assets in a folder by both mobile and desktop versions.

Sorry, I just used this space to harp on about how web-browsers, designers, languages, etc. all of it is just absolutely hackey garbage by a tech pop culture that'd rather market themselves than actually design anything worth more than a pile of dog poo.