Quote Originally Posted by EuropaViewer View Post
Really apologize if this has been answered, but I looked at the excellent posts and Acorn's page as well.
Here's my scenario:
1. Say, I purchased XDPX in 2018) (I will call it XDPX Version 16)
2. Say I have been using the update service every year, with the $129 update/renewal fee.
3. Let's say in 2021, I don't renew.
4. Now for some reason, I have to re-install XDPX on my new laptop, since my old is now dead.
Question: So, am I now going to get the 4 year old XDPX Version 16 ?? Even though I paid for 3 years worth of upgrades ?
Thank you!
Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
This is all very hypothetical.
I am not sure what the answer is. My guess is you should be able to get back to your last update. But that is theoretical.
EuropaViewer, Xara is quite clear in the EULA that a purchase rolls back to the version of that purchase (actually registration) date so if you renew when version 18.1 comes out in the hypothetical future, you would be able to reactivate a fresh install to v18.1, v18.0, ..., all the way back to v16, if those downloads were still available.

You might have to ask Magix or Xara for the appropriate download link. You may need v16.3 on one install as the device is low on memory or a series of later bugs totally trash your design(s).
If you press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+1 in your XDA, you will see its Serial number.
Another location would be in C:\ProgramData\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\[version_number]\installation_x64.ini, which is better as you can copy it out.

Acorn