Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How do I change the paper size?

Another thing to try is export as PDF and see what size the PDF is. If the file is correct, try printing the PDF with Acrobat or Foxit reader and seeing if it prints correct.

Ray

Honestly, I generally export all my files to PDF format, then set it to tabloid (11 x 17) inside Acrobat, when I print anything. I print straight out of Xara for letter size (8.5 x 11) with images set at 8 x 10.5 to my color laser printer all the time - prints fine.

One thing you have to think about is you're stating your image is 11 x 17. Most 11 x 17 printers require a "deletion area", ink or toner cannot print all the way to the edge, because printer wheels pulling the paper through the printer has to touch the paper where there is no ink - the deletion area. It varies from printer to printer, but if you shoot for a 1/4 inch all the around the edge, that will accommodate most printers (so the image becomes 10.75 x 16.75 inches). Technically, if you want to print a full bleed 11 x 17 (edge to edge printing), then you have to print on bigger paper, then cut away the excess down to 11 x17, because of the issue of the deletion area. This requires something like an wide format inkjet printer/plotter. Understand?

most of which other than some background info has already been said, Right?

BTW it could be a lazer printer, not uncommon, and they don't work that way

Last edited by handrawn; 21 August 2019 at 07:28 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@BJB hope you got the issue sorted
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...