Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Also it is played online using Virtual Tabletop software. Roll20 is a popular one, images can be up to 72 x 72 inches, but limited to 70 ppi. Many other VT applications work at 100 or 200 ppi. So all my products - there's the illustrated adventure itself, then there is a printable PDF map, JPG files for virtual tabletop use, PNG files of any independent symbol - so the giant tentacle thing will be available as a transparent PNG file. And believe or not, I've had customers who downloaded a FREE adventure, and the included map, they had them printed to large format vinyl at 30 x 40 inches - even posting a photo of it on my Facebook page. That's not cheap to do, but that's how committed my marketbase is regarding their game supplements, and the stuff I create for them.

I still make plenty of maps on commission, and for my own work that is almost entirely created in Xara Designer Pro x11. Though, obviously, I'm using more 3D for some the elements in my maps. It's just that most of the maps I've been doing lately are for publications, and I prefer not to post not-yet-published maps. So I've been absent in posting to my Xara Map thread.

The game is literally being played in each players head. The map is a reference, and a means of utilizing the mechanics of the game for movement, attacks, or whatever else they are trying to do. Even though crayons on a white board can work for the game, and something people actually use, still a specifically graphically designed map is what every gamer expects, and every publisher feels is a required inclusion with their adventure products - hence why I get commission work.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 23 June 2020 at 11:22 PM.