Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: DESIGNER PRO 16 !

No. I just get the option to upgrade from version 11. From your previous post it appeared that the HB version did include the updates, I thiught this is what Handrawn was asking as well.

I emailed Magix yesterday about the v15 Humble Bundle key and this was the response I got today..

Your registered copy of Xara Designer Pro X is a version acquired via the Humble Bundle. This license is version-locked at (15.1) and does not include the update service. It is not possible to use this license to update to Xara Designer Pro X (16). We hope for your understanding.
    So it looks like Magix have no plans to honour the "365" update service policy of the program sold in the bundle and really they have mislead people by selling these "365" product(s) in the bundle without clearly outlining the lack of the update service.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

yes it was - but it looks like Magix are not going to honour this beyond the 15.n [ie 15.1] point

time for me to take a serious look at P&G16 which I could upgrade to for a third the price of DPro; if I want to pay to upgrade that is

P&GD has come a long way in terms of features over the last couple of years
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    yes it was - but it looks like Magix are not going to honour this beyond the 15.n [ie 15.1] point

time for me to take a serious look at P&G16 which I could upgrade to for a third the price of DPro; if I want to pay to upgrade that is

P&GD has come a long way in terms of features over the last couple of years
    That is what I intend to do handrawn. P&GD16 as got some nice extra features. I have P&GD11 so with P&GD16 will do me fine, as I don't do Web sites and besides upgrade for £29.99, not bad at all.

Stygg