Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X Becoming very slow

I had the same slow problem very recently when using Xara Designer Pro X v.17 on a pretty powerful computer. The slow-down was linked to a self made annual calendar file. I assumed it was because of the extensive graphics I'd included on the calendar file To day I was fiddling with a recent icon I'd added to the calendar. (Thinking back, I realized the slow down started happening after I'd added this little icon to the calendar. Anyway a Xara warning message came up saying in effect that this little icon was big trouble, so I deleted the graphic -Nothing happened. I deleted the linked text and abracadabra! the slow-down problem immediately disappeared.I'm sorry to tell you that I didn't make a note of the name of the particular font I was using so the only help I offer is to say watch out for Xara warning messages. Never ignore them. I certainly won't in future.

i often import from ACAD > PDF > Xara, this can be a pita, if the lines are millions of dots.
    i did try other programs they are not better.
    the best way for me, try to freeze this objects in ACAD (if possible),
    cut them away in a special PDF editor (if possible),
    delete them in Xara (if u have time).
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

I deleted the linked text and abracadabra! the slow-down problem immediately disappeared.
    This may be the case. A couple of versions back I and several members had big issues when using the font Calibri. Fixed now but it was a nasty slow-down.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host