Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
How many times does it happen that rich companies buy a successful business and then proceed to destroy it before they try to understand it?
That can be even more as it might happen that Xara does not understand its own software anymore.

It is not unusual in the IT industry that a core team wrote a great tool which is so complex that the next programmers who try to understand finding it as a very hard task. Who knows maybe some key people have left since then, but these 'tables and text in shapes' kind of updates suggest that not touching the core part of the code as that would be too risky.

The last real update as I recall in Xara Designer was the Magnetic Lasso Tool, that had to be some real development as a new tool. If that was around 3 years ago or something like that, then I paid approximately 129$ + 129$ + 129$ as yearly update cost for around nothing. (maybe not in each year was 129$ but in this one sure).

You could ask okay so why did you pay then? Hard to answer, I was emotionally linked to the program, to the atmosphere on TG and on Xara Users forums, found online friends in learning together and so participated in a lot of tutorials on XaraXone and that still last. It seems there can be built a business on such ones