Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: HAD MY LAPTOP STOLEN

If you are using Windows 10 you have the cloud available to backup important files. Plus, my suggestion for a web site is to put a copy of the .xar file on the web site.
    Also for future reference "Lojack for windows", it will find your laptop.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    If you are using Windows 10 you have the cloud available to backup important files. Plus, my suggestion for a web site is to put a copy of the .xar file on the web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    Also for future reference "Lojack for windows", it will find your laptop.
    I can see the attractive but not all the reviews are favourable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoJack_for_Laptops. There could be a long wait for a physical recovery as well.

If you have W10 Professional, use BitLocker so your sensitive files are encrypted.

My preferred Cloud option is Dropbox as I have backups on my my PC through Xara, the design file directly to the Dropbox folder so I have backups through the Cloud and finally cloned back to all other devices sharing the Dropbox folder.
    Uploading the design file to your website works but it is then on the Web and unless you are strict, updating it is a chore.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi I did have it backed up on two memory sticks which were separate from my laptop but when the robbers broke into my house they stole these as well +my tower+about 5 standalone hard drives.
    I had just about every else backed up to cloud but not he web sites. I'll probably reconstruct the sites and back them up to Cloud this time!!!!!
    Nice place Ireland.