Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

NJ, near Princeton Univ (USA), midway between NYC and Philly

Default Re: Availability of Xara Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    As ever thank you Ben.

Perhaps it ought not be down to a Customer to flag a server availability issue.

(snip)
    @Acorn - from your comments, I'm guessing my comment will be akin to "preaching to the choir", but there's virtually no good reason to count on human reporting to detect outages for servers, network and/or applications at this point. Most companies outsource either support for their own data centers, use third party hosted services and/or cloud services - and pretty much *all* of these claim 99.99% (or better uptime) and 24x7 monitoring and alerting, but reality tends to be very different than the claims. Seems that perhaps hosting and support agreements need to be tightened up, with tight SLA's and penalties (and positive incentives as well for good performance).

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonstrong View Post
    @Acorn - from your comments, I'm guessing my comment will be akin to "preaching to the choir", but there's virtually no good reason to count on human reporting to detect outages for servers, network and/or applications at this point. Most companies outsource either support for their own data centers, use third party hosted services and/or cloud services - and pretty much *all* of these claim 99.99% (or better uptime) and 24x7 monitoring and alerting, but reality tends to be very different than the claims. Seems that perhaps hosting and support agreements need to be tightened up, with tight SLA's and penalties (and positive incentives as well for good performance).

Jon
    I reckon, 99.99% is 53 minutes downtime a year, which I'll be happy with provided it's when I am sleeping.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yesterday i bought Web designer and got the same problem, The website catalogus is al grey and if i bought the buy button it only says it does nothing? I can buy the product again on that page :S

I got 9 days left to return my product, hope this will be solved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sander View Post
    Yesterday i bought Web designer and got the same problem, The website catalogus is al grey and if i bought the buy button it only says it does nothing? I can buy the product again on that page :S
    I got 9 days left to return my product, hope this will be solved soon.
    sander, welcome to TalkGraphics.
    It is probably nothing to do with server availability. If you can get to a Buy button then the servers are up.
    Your Registration has not activated properly. Raise a ticket with Magix straight away.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you i will make a ticket.