Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

well... I sure hope something good comes of this Maya

that James, why I aughta...

No matter what, like you say, "it's all good."
    Thanks James for all your efforts.
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Your welcome Maya...

and yes, through it all it really can be all good...

this community rocks because of it's terrific members, and even though once in a while one or another can experience a off day, in the end we grow stronger together than we ever could individually...

[[[group hug]]]

now get the heck back to creat'n and sharing cool stuff all of you, what the heck yas standing around for hehe

Thanks, Maya. *relieved*

Don't know who "they" are - but "they" should back the heck off!

Hi Risto! (love your avatar!) All is well -- I've been working on some new images, and over at another forum another member sent me some incredible helpful info and links for working with 3D stuff and a book suggestion, so I'm going to study all that to apply to my efforts to improve images more. Great to see you here!!! Thanks!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Lurking and staying away from 3D for a while. This is addicting stuff that's wreaking havoc to my poor eyesight. But the recent posts are very unsettling. Who would want Maya out??? What's this all about? Gidgit?

Hi Grafixman! Everything is fine -- some disputes was all, regarding giving crits/suggestions, gidgit (james) stepped in to moderate and edited one of my posts and one of the other person's, but my feeling that my crits/views weren't welcome on that thread I pulled all my posts off that person's thread entirely by my own decision -- gidgit wasn't the one who did that. I just didn't want to cause anymore disharmony there with my "views".

James/gidgit is a wonderful person. So that's all over with.

I'm not going anywhere!

Jump in here and join us with the 3D! I've been preoccupied today as my copy of Poser6 has finally arrived and I've installed it and have found it is really fantastic with the improvments and far beyond what I even expected! It's like a whole new app and so many wonderful new ways to do better lighting etc. On top of that some extremely kind member on another forum got me in touch with some wonderful tutes on c4d (by Carles Piles) lighting methods and directed me also to a fantastic book all about expert digital lighting and fx --- so I've ordered the book and just have been busy with all that good stuff. Will share more regarding those things soon. Thanks for your reply!
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain

Hi Maya,

Glad it seems better here for ya. Your so loved here I think it would be a shame if you, as Mike put it, bailed out!!

Welp, got my house on it's way. What a day. Earned good money doin' hair, went out to dinner and relaxed and here I am at almost 1:00 AM eating chocolate chip cookies and milk and typing up a storm and wading through my un paid bills!!

Did you know that there is a way to recover old kitchen counters that have burns and scrapes?? Well there is and I had my most HIDEOUS bright yellow, stained and burned counter tops redone today in a lovely, nuetral almond color. It's now dry, all the kitchen stuff (dish strainer, microwave, coffee maker and blender) all back on top and I can't believe it's the same ugly counter. I did find out, the hard way, that I have bugs though. The guy had to leave my windows open to air the place out and I came home to about 10 mature mosquitoes and some fisher bugs crawling and flying all over the place. I can't afford to be bitten because of my immune system stuff so I had to hunt and kill and I hate doing that but it's me or them!! Seems good now! I need 5 screens made or my house will be like an oven this summer!! More money!!

That's about it for updates on my end except for my copy of Poser 6 arrived yesterday afternoon ON TIME!! No time to install and play but opened the box to read the manual. Nifty glossy fold out card with tips and stuff in living color. Manual is about twice and fat with info as Poser 5's manual and I got a free copy of Shade 3D as well as well as a disk filled with 3D content!! Looking forward to a mintue to get to it. Gotta pay those bills though!!

All the best to you all!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Glad it's nothing serious, Maya.
    I have the highest regards for Gidgit and all the moderators here at TG. It's not an easy job, settling disputes and moderating posts without creating bad feelings to those involved...
    I think I'll limit my time in front of the PC. My eyes really need a break.
    I don't know how you people manage to play with all those softwares you have. Richard, specially. How do you find the time to use all those stuff ? Here I am with my meager softwares and I already feel I'm spreading myself too thin...

Thanks Grafixman!
    I know what you mean,too, with all the apps there are to use = and how to find the time...my time, like everyone's, is pretty limited for doing artwork. With work, housekeeping, husband/family, pets, and other errands to do constantly...but somehow I find a few moments here and there to work with digital apps, but it's not easy.

Thanks Richard, too! I also got my copy of P6 yesterday afternoon and have started experimenting with it -- some great improvements! (I also got the free copy of Shade7 3d modeling app and the Winter Queen extras with P6 ) I haven't had any troubles yet in using the P5 Runtime within P6, also love the rendering and new lighting - WOW! Hope to try it all out more thoroughly and post something soon.
    Glad you got moved into your new place -- didn't know about the counter resurfacing method, the almond color sounds great! Will email to ya soon with the links to the 3d lighting tut (it's C4D but you can use the method with Poser and other 3D apps)and that really excellent book on the whole topic.
    Thanks again!
    ---Maya
    -Mark Twain