Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Default Re: New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

Another Op'nin, Another Show https://youtu.be/m0rQUaQ3sk4

Had some nice times.
    But lately you sound like a nag,a broken record,bittered and washed out
    Old gal,it's time to put you in a home where you can reminisce.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    @Kate
    Well, it's not only the version number, is it? It is also the way this release was announced in this very forum. There has (to my knowledge) always been a clear distinction in the TalkGraphics announcement section between "Just Released: An update to ..." and "Just Released: A New Version of ...".
    oh! I usually make the announcements and I can honestly say that I've given no thought to whether I write 'update' or 'new version'. Point taken, I will try and consider the terminology more carefully in future.

The only "hard facts" about pricing I get are on the MAGIX website, which makes clear that for German customers the regular price for renewal of the update service will be €299 - unless I renew blindly within the update period to get an unspecified special price, which I find troublesome concerning the said lack of software innovation. Sorry, but this means I'm out. That's €25 per month - for another €25 I get the complete set of Adobe CC apps.
    Looking at the English language Euro version (which I believe is the same as German / Euros) it shows a price for renewals of €149, a €150 upgrade discount on the cost of a new copy (€299), with a special offer including the Pro version of Pan Studio in the upgrade (normal cost €69.99) ending Dec 26th.

When your renewal comes round you have to consider the updates throughout the last year (you can find details of all updates since we started the Update Service at http://www.xara.com/designer-pro/whats-new/), not just the last update. But remember also that you have the option to wait until you see something in an update or accumulation of updates that makes it worthwhile for you, personally, to renew. And unlike Adobe, you can continue to use the software in the meantime!

Kate Moir

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    ... a €150 upgrade discount on the cost of a new copy (€299)... ending Dec 26th.
    Exactly. So the price after December 20th (actually) is €299.

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Another Op'nin, Another Show https://youtu.be/m0rQUaQ3sk4

Had some nice times.
    But lately you sound like a nag,a broken record,bittered and washed out
    Old gal,it's time to put you in a home where you can reminisce.

Good luck with your new choice Haakoo, I am sorry we have not been able to meet your expectations and hope Serif will be able to do so!

Kate Moir

Exactly. So the price after December 20th (actually) is €299.
    ah, I see where you are coming from. I assumed they meant that the Pan Studio Pro bundle offer was ending in December, but I will check that for you now.

Kate Moir

Guest Guest

Thanks for taking your time to clear this up.

This is directly from the DE website:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19-12-_2017_09-37-35.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	119553

In English:
    Valid until December 20th, 2017
    €150 upgrade discount
    Only now: PanoramaStudio 3.0 ...

Since they're both under the headline "Valid until...", I see no room for interpretation as to think that Panorama Studio AND discount end December 20th. €299 for the undiscounted upgrade/renewal would be a whopping 90 percent increase to the undiscounted €159 I paid last year.

Thanks for taking your time to clear this up.

This is directly from the DE website:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19-12-_2017_09-37-35.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	119553

In English:
    Valid until December 20th, 2017
    €150 upgrade discount
    Only now: PanoramaStudio 3.0 ...

Since they're both under the headline "Valid until...", I see no room for interpretation as to think that Panorama Studio AND discount end December 20th. €299 for the undiscounted upgrade/renewal would be a whopping 90 percent increase to the undiscounted €159 I paid last year.
    Confirmed, the price after the offer will be €149 (€10 less than your last renewal) but you will no longer get the Pro version of Pan Studio. I passed on your feedback!

Kate Moir

Guest Guest

That's reassuring. Thanks again!
    Season's greetings and best wishes for the New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    However one advantage of the changing version number is that you can download and run the new trial version even if your Update Service has expired, which was one of the reasons we did it (as requested here in TalkGraphics).
    Kate Moir
    Thank you Kate, it is very reassuring to have this option

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    @handrawn

Told you so! Ok, it was a bit tongue-in-cheek on my part, but you did make a very good argument to have a way for those who did not renew to see new features,,, once in a while. Xara listened and acted.
    I will try not to let the thought that it might have been me alone, with my ineluctable power of persuation, go to my head
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I did in the end download - mainly because I was getting artifacts when using the freehand pen tool in ver 12, after updating gtx1070 and cintiq in win10 fall creators. so I wanted to see if they were in ver 15 which they were not, so reinstalled ver 12 and all is good again; my view of 15 remains the same [unfortunately]; 'text squish error' present in pro15 as well as p&G15 also... not checked the pdf/psd issue...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...