Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Info Re: New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Here's the answer from Magix:

„Um die Sprache bei der Installation bestimmen zu können, starten Sie die Setup-Datei mit dem "-force" Befehl. Klicken Sie dazu auf das Windowssymbol in Ihrer Taskleiste und geben Sie den Pfad der Installationsdatei an und dahinter -force. Es könnte dann ungefähr so aussehen:
    C:\Users\Benutzername\Downloads\trial_designerprox 15_dlm.exe -force”
    Cheers ennie-f.

Google Translate:
    To set the language during the installation, start the setup file with the "-force" command. To do this, click on the Windows icon in your taskbar and specify the path of the installation file followed by -force. It could look like this:
    C: \ Users \ username \ Downloads \ trial_designerprox 15_dlm.exe -force "
    Magix! Really?
    And you couldn't even bother to change the progams' icons.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: New Versions of Xara Designer Pro X(15)

Hi Accorn,
    that's the reality.

If the future wants it, there must be changes.

Translation:

"To be able to determine the language during the installation, start the setup file with the" -force "command. To do this, click on the Windows icon in your taskbar and specify the path of the installation file followed by -force. It could look like this"
    Have fond recollections of Kiel
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

After Magix Support not answer my last questions, I played a little with the installation. I found out that only the installation with „English (UK)” brings a clean and full function program with access to the online content and the posibility to download them to Content Gallery. The slow down problem I had in the German version does here not exist.

So will see what goes on in future with Xara and Magix. My fee is payed until April 2018 and when then don't come more improved Drawing-Features I'll quit to spend money on an dying horse.

Guest Guest

Not sure I understand Magix's upgrade pricing as given on their website:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16-12-_2017_23-56-16.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	119529

So, the regular price for upgrading (and renewal of the subscription) is $299? And only until December 20th, 2017 I get a discount of $150 and Panorama Studio Pro for free? That's either a blatant price increase for the subscription model or Magix advertising the regular price as an alleged super discount...
    Last edited by Guest; 16 December 2017 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Not sure I understand Magix's upgrade pricing as given on their website:

So, the regular price for upgrading (and renewal of the subscription) is $299? And only until December 20th, 2017 I get a discount of $150 and Panorama Studio Pro for free? That's either a blatant price increase for the subscription model or Magix advertising the regular price as an alleged super discount...
    No, the upgrade price is 149$, according to the image. I don't know about renewal of the subscription as that is something that you would receive in an email.

I understand what you mean. The regular price new is $349 and if one calculates what is shown on the screen, then the implication is as you say, normal upgrade would be 299$ or a discount of 50 from the new price. I think that we all already got Pan Studio, so it is redundant.

Thus the message would likely be, upgrade now if your subscription has expired or you haven't upgraded at all to the 365 version (12). I believe that I paid this same price for my renewal, so anyone who has not jumped aboard, may want to consider doing so before the deadline....or wait until the next special offer.
    Last edited by browj2; 16 December 2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Re-read and added detail
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Guest Guest

Right next to the $149 it says: "Regularly $378.90" - that's $299 for XDPX + $79.90 for the included Panorama Studio. If you click on the i-button next to that you will see a pop-up window explaining that this is the price for upgrades and extension of the "update service" aka subscription.

And in the blue area on top it says again: "Save $229", which is the $150 discount until December 20th plus the $79 for Panorama Studio. If $149 was the regular upgrade/renewal price and Panorama Studio is included anyway, the whole "discount until xxx" thing would make no sense. So I will ask again: Has the price been increased (again) or is this fishy marketing?
    Last edited by Guest; 16 December 2017 at 11:11 PM.

See my updated post above done while you were posting.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Guest Guest

Ah, I see. That's quite a bit of interpretation on your part about what this could mean...

I just checked: In October I paid €159 for my renewal of the subscription after the initial year had expired in July - so this was already the "penalty" price for not renewing within the update period. If that price should now be $299 (or €299 for that matter = price of a new license), we'd be talking about a price increase of almost 100 percent.

Yup. There are so many prices out there, it is hard to know what to do. It is rather discouraging for loyal users who overpaid.

Take a look at the Humble Bundle that has been overloading the Magix Servers.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...eative-freedom
    For about 20$, you can get all of that - including P&GD + Web Designer Premium.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)