Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Guest Guest

Default XARA Designer Pro X365: Has PDF export changed in the last update?

Greetings! Since the last update to Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50861 I seem to have issues with the PDF export...

Just to clarify my workflow: I mainly use Designer Pro to create graphics for import in InDesign documents. So, I export as PDF/X from Xara and then place those files into the InDesign layout. This has worked like a charm for many years now.

However, since the last update there is an issue:
    Anything I export from Xara as PDF/X now has a white, page filling rectangle in the background that isn't in my design and never occurred before. In other words: My exported graphics don't have a transparent background any more and are therefore borderline unusable.

It seems Xara now exports the white "page" as a graphical element of the PDF. Why is that? And is there a new option I missed to turn this off?!

EDIT:
    I just attached two files to this post, the old, correct export and a new export with the current Designer Pro of the very same .XAR file. Remarkably you don't see any difference when opening them in Designer Pro - it seems to automatically remove that white background on import. But when viewing both files in Illustrator or InDesign, you will see that the old one comes with a transparent background, while the new one has an additional white rectangular path in it.

EDIT2:
    Seems I'm not the only one having issues with PDF export recently: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...export-problem. As a workaroud I print to PDF from Designer Pro with Adobe Acrobat X Professional's PDF printer and the file is fine. Which seems to indicate that the issue is indeed a newly introduced bug in Designer Pro's PDF exporter...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 14 September 2017 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added example files