Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Xhris' Great Videos --- Xara Love

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Is there anyone in Xara / Magix listening? Are you there Charles/Kate? Care to comment on this hated 'subscription' method?
    And on this ridiculous price increase of 33% for this year's (first ever!) renewal of XPD's Update Service even though last year you promised that a similar fee as last year's would be charged?

XDP is great and I love the fact that all features are contained in one piece of software but I find how Xara communicates with its user base deplorable. Many TGers are unhappy with how the company deals with its customers but the repeated calls for open, regular interaction go unheeded. When we do get to hear something from management it's mostly repetitive and defensive. This reinforces the feeling of not being taken seriously, or even being played, which is expressed in waves of frustration here on TG. In my view it's really a management issue that is not being addressed.
    Last edited by Boy; 31 July 2017 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Added a second paragraph

I don't think that the Xara program is in decline per se. It has stagnated and is now providing new shiny content that nobody really wants (viz; the online stuff that no one - at least those who use Xara for the vector part of the program - is particularly interested in). This probably means that a lot of the long-time users are disappointed with the direction the company is heading.I still love Xara but I see no point in upgrading when nothing in the new features excites my interest and for me this has been the case for more than a few years. I have stated before that Xara Xtreme 5 was probably the last version that filled me with any excitement and is the version I still have installed. It is faster than the recent iterations, it has a light interface and is missing nothing that I cannot live without. Many of its features haven't been updated since their inception anyway so there is very little (if anything) that I could say that I miss. What I certainly don't miss is the program taking forever to load and the constant stream of unwanted updates.Perhaps one day Xara will see that it has been neglecting its core product - its raison d'etre - and introduce new content that is of interest to those who fell in love with the program back in the day.A forlorn hope, I suspect.Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

To me the 365 subscription method is just an irritation I can live with. But the price increase is another matter. There will have to be something really significant for me to afford that. We shall see.
    As a long-term user I tend to have created my own content, cannibalising it if I need something new, rather than downloading from the Xara galleries.
    As for Adobe, I find their abandonment of CS, now no longer supported, a great incentive to remain with Xara.
    Tony