Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Dear Xara (an idea and a list of wishes)

I don't like to take away from Jono who started this thread but Ernie's wish list is a cracker! Even if Xara only achieved 4 of Ernie's requests it would be worth the upgrade. One question Ernie, what's a "Dobblesites even/odd"?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I don't like to take away from Jono who started this thread but Ernie's wish list is a cracker! Even if Xara only achieved 4 of Ernie's requests it would be worth the upgrade. One question Ernie, what's a "Dobblesites even/odd"?
    Hi Albacore,
    I mean this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seiten.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	118427

Yeah, awesome lists Jono and Ernie !!!

I'm surprised we don't see more applications using B-Splines.

I would add : Line width editing.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Yeah, awesome lists Jono and Ernie !!!

I'm surprised we don't see more applications using B-Splines.

I would add : Line width editing.
    I thing this can be implant in the old code, maybe I'm wrong but maybe this can be a chance for Xara (like it was for Affinity/Serif) to code it new! Not only a part of Xara but the hole thing.

An other thing is Magix. I know Magix from my Amiga days. Magix was no good and is no good today. It's sales politic we see now.

I wish Xara.uk has the power/money get free of Magix, like from Corel.
    Maybe then „we beleiver” get the Xara improvements we wish. This is my wishing, but I know It does not come until Magix is the (stinking fish)-head who still put out money from Xaras-Product-Line.
    For me as a professionals graphic designer I do'nt need versions of a software there is a sell-modell of one product to produce a plenty of variants and every is shrinking in its functoinality.

Not the fee for subcription is the thing for me (here I speak only for me), this part I'll like to pay because I earn my money with design and graphic, Xara is a big part in this process.

The Problem for me is Magix, its politc to sell its own products is so much agressiv, that Xara is behind.

The way Xara is go to do it's way do (vector) things easier, better, faster was/is in the graphic world spectecular!
    Magix is not worthy to get the juwel XARA!

Like a professional Graphic Designer I use (have used a plenty of Vectordrawing Prorams). I stay with Xara from V5 Xtreme. Not all I would I can't achieve. Many things was buggy and workarounds help me.

In this days/last Year come some improvements for PDF. Xara has a stabil PDF-engine for Im- and Expot. BTW better than AF-Desigenr. Its Export to PDF X4 is the right way. Xara has improvemends and I believe they have more… but Magix does Magic to hold'em up.

The possibilty to change fonts witin a click, and honestly change the fonts to LOWER CASE or UPPER CASE these are things I find verry good and helpfull.

Ok my wishlist (back over) is small.

I'll see Xara as an leader in VectorPrograms again! But I know it will be a wish!

I know I wrote I'll leave Xara, thats true but I'll see wats up with xara in future. The subscrition for this year is payed. I'll see!

Where are the days to comparism AI an Xara? Who dont remeber this with a drop in his eye?
    http://www.xaraxtreme.org/about-performance.html

I have a wish!

when click on an color in the bottom colorbar while holding [f] >> all new Fill color
    when click on an color in the bottom colorbar while holding [l] >> all new Line color

maybe add [Strg] with replace menu ...
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.