Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: At least give us a kiss(goodbye)

+ .5

My feeling, and I have expressed this to Xara, is that the program has gotten old and new features are added as patches because every new feature has to work with the existing code, which as I just said is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think Xara needs to look seriously at the feature requests, and then do some serious thinking about where to go from here.

Features have been added year after year that once added are forgotten. A good example is the Bitmap Tracer. When was the last time you saw any change there. Or the Bevel Tool, the 3D Extrude, the Mold Tool, etc. To be fair some tools have been improved but many have just been forgotten.

My hope is that Xara will do some serious analysis on this venerable application, and come up with a concept for what the ideal program for the next 10 years and then start from scratch and design a program that will lead the pack as they have done in the past. This will take time and is not something that can be done overnight. But it is a place to start.

The subscription method is something that is being done in the industry, not just Xara Magix so we can't blame Xara Magix for that. What I would like to see is two powerhouse programs that work together but are separate applications, Designer X and Web Designer.
    IP

Gary, we're addressing the upgrade/renewal price (look at posts #1 and #4) that seems to be not commensurate with Xara's own update policy (see post #4 and http://www.xara.com/us/update-service).
    IP

The lack of new features is also an issue and spoken of that many times.
    My initial concern is the renewal price with nothing to show for.
    Why this price increase and the lack of information about it.

Hans
    IP

Oh and may XARA ltd. pitch in,as they are all lurking around and like always don't comment.
    IP

-1 Well if you're coming from a pure artist/drawing point of view I could understand. But for all others, and maybe even you, good luck with your alternatives. Not too many place to go.
    Have fun with Adobe CC and Corel Graphics Suite. Watch how they chip chip chip away at your wallet... you'll be thinking "hey Xara wasn't so bad after all". The grass is not always greener ya know.

And the freebies with their user interfaces... (all non-standard or different or quirky in their own rights) will have you saying some of the same that was said about Xara.

Believe me, I'm not disputing your concerns, I agree with many on some points. But I've yet to see an app, especially these days with the new subscription model and bugs, and upgraded policies that the users
    sound exactly like what going on here. If I'm wrong, please advise as to where the things I've mention do not exist or occur.

Just my 'civil' opinion.

Cliff

Oh, I forgot..... my bottom line feeling about ALL these software companies is.... that they've got us by the meatballs.... and there's nothing we can do.... at least for now....
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)
    IP

@cmpan1
    You can use any tool you like and many of us here do.
    There are so many other software tools that do the same for less and even for free.
    But if xara increases the pricing and doesn't have the courtesy to inform us.
    I feel I have the right to ask why,don't you agree?
    IP

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...166#post578166

Sorry but this is never mentioned to anyone before renewal date and it is stated that pricing would be the same at renewal date.
    IP

Before you get all defensive like always,show us the future of XARA

Or else shutdown TG, if you think it's just full of people with to much time on their hands and complaining a lot.
    Take care of business like magix wants,making software for the masses and the dummies and don't relate to them anymore.
    Just like Adobe does but that's a place you'll never reach.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    @cmpan1
    You can use any tool you like and many of us here do.
    Yes, of course, why not? Who would/could challenge that? Of course.

There are so many other software tools that do the same for less and even for free.
    So if that's the case, would it not be a simple matter of 'just using THEM', and save oneself the stress of the debate?
    If I knew of "so many other tools that do the same for less", I would just dump Xara and make the move.
    It seems you have the answer to your gripe with Xara.... why would you begin this thread??? If I were you, I would
    have just said my goodbye's and said "I found a better, or equal to", and proceeded.

But if xara increases the pricing and doesn't have the courtesy to inform us.
    I feel I have the right to ask why,don't you agree?
    Yes, of course I agree that you have the right to ask. As I said in my previous reply, I agree with many of the +1er's concerns.

haakoo.... when I'm unhappy with 'something', and there's an alternative to which you stated, it just seems to me that a discussion/debate
    may have began for the sake of having one; which I guess is ok also. But why not just go to the "other software tools that do the same for less and even for free?"

I have just not found that "other tool" that you speak of..... 'for me'.

best of luck
    Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    + .5

My feeling, and I have expressed this to Xara, is that the program has gotten old and new features are added as patches because every new feature has to work with the existing code, which as I just said is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think Xara needs to look seriously at the feature requests, and then do some serious thinking about where to go from here.

Features have been added year after year that once added are forgotten. A good example is the Bitmap Tracer. When was the last time you saw any change there. Or the Bevel Tool, the 3D Extrude, the Mold Tool, etc. To be fair some tools have been improved but many have just been forgotten.

My hope is that Xara will do some serious analysis on this venerable application, and come up with a concept for what the ideal program for the next 10 years and then start from scratch and design a program that will lead the pack as they have done in the past. This will take time and is not something that can be done overnight. But it is a place to start.

The subscription method is something that is being done in the industry, not just Xara Magix so we can't blame Xara Magix for that. What I would like to see is two powerhouse programs that work together but are separate applications, Designer X and Web Designer.
    Very well put. You must be a mind reader - these are my thoughts exactly.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022
    IP