After getting the expiry message and trying "insert from content catalogue" I looked at the €159 offer for a while, read the 5 benefits and realized I am getting old. I am not only here since 2000, but I seem to be using the same features since 2000 it seems as I did not use the Online Content Catalog, I do not use the hosting offer and I did not even know a Xara Online Designer exists.
After grabbing a coffee, I read through all 10 pages and noticed that others are getting old too :=)
Next step was to list all *.xar files, open them in Xara and see what happens when I do a copy/paste to inkscape 0.92.
Results were mixed, transparencies move over as bitmaps so there is no scaling after the copy and my export for professional printing is even more limited in inkscape.
But what I noticed too is that a lot of my stuff moves over easily and how long Designer 12.xxxx needs to just start on my system compared to Inkscape.
Looks like I will try out which older version starts fastest and go with that until I am done with conversions (the ones that are needed at all).
Should mention that I am not a graphics pro.
Cheers, Juergen
P.S. This year we already abandoned MS Office in favor of Softmaker Office, which even works fine with the old MS Office templates, starts in a heartbeat and works the same on Linux.
P.P.S incredible how many programs can be easily replaced, if you do not look at what the programs can do in theory, but what features you really need (or are able to use).