I can only answer for myself.

I have used Xara since version 2.0. I have bought every copy up until they hit v365.

I have about 40 active websites and only ONE is done using Xara. The others are done in Wordpress. I mainly use Xara for graphic design. Why?

1. I prefer the ability to instantly change my site appearance without having to touch the content... want a Christmas theme in December? done. Not so in Xara... quite a bit more work.

2. If a client contacts me that there is a typo on a page I can pull out my phone while standing in line at the grocery store and fix it.

3. If I am on the road for a weekend trip and a client needs an urgent item posted on their homepage or a new page added - again, I could easily do this on any computer nearby or my phone/ipad. If the site is Xara then I need to have THE computer that has Xara installed on it and a good internet connection to build and reupload content.

I love Xara and for the ONE client who was totally anal about everything being absolutely pixel perfect - Xara did the job great. For everything else - I prefer Wordpress.

Maybe others are the same?