Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bug: Create Live Copy Does Not Work

The new update (.....49603) for XDP did not fix the problem I experience when trying to create a live copy. When right-clicking (or using Arrange/Live Copy) an object and clicking "Create Live Copy," I get an accession violation exception. It seems that a live copy is created anyway but it doesn't actually work.

I reported this earlier: Ticket ID: XMD-276-65791. Subject: crash ID:4015ea0d-5cd0-4687-863d-b9fbf65acadd

PS: How do I get one of those nice, green bug icons to show in the thread title?

Default Re: Bug: Create Live Copy Does Not Work

Hi Boy,

With log files, they are are collected and examined en-masse. When sending a log file and reporting a bug to support, can you do this in 2 separate actions, and in the support request include the log file's ref. code.

This issue you are having is probably caused by a local setting as we cannot reproduce this on our machines. I have PMed you with instructions on how you might go about resolving this. If any other have this issue please send in a ticket to support.xara.com refering to this thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben.Moses; 27 April 2017 at 09:16 AM.

That solved it, Ben, thanks for the quick response. No idea how that registry setting got changed but I'm happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    That solved it, Ben, thanks for the quick response. No idea how that registry setting got changed but I'm happy now.
    Hey Boy, can you please let us know what registry setting it was, so I can fix it on my end as well?

Good, you found the thread. This is the message I got from Ben:

Hi Boy,

This issue your having is probably caused by one of the registry flags being set to 0 instead of the 1 it is meant to be. Do you have a registry editor or registry changing program installed that could've caused this?

The fix is to either delete the incorrect key and re-run Xara this will insert the correct key or manually change the value to 1. I can give you instructions on how to do this but you must follow these precisely as any incorrect changes could cause issues.

1. First check all Xara programs are closed.
    2. Open Regedit (Do this by pressing windows key and tying regedit, it should appear in the list of programs to run).
    3. Navigate using the left folder structure to the following key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\12\Options\Repeating
    4. This should have "PseudoGroup" right click this select Delete.
    5. Close Regedit, and run Xara. Creating live copies should now work correctly.

Thanks,
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Good, you found the thread. This is the message I got from Ben:

Hi Boy,

This issue your having is probably caused by one of the registry flags being set to 0 instead of the 1 it is meant to be. Do you have a registry editor or registry changing program installed that could've caused this?

The fix is to either delete the incorrect key and re-run Xara this will insert the correct key or manually change the value to 1. I can give you instructions on how to do this but you must follow these precisely as any incorrect changes could cause issues.

1. First check all Xara programs are closed.
    2. Open Regedit (Do this by pressing windows key and tying regedit, it should appear in the list of programs to run).
    3. Navigate using the left folder structure to the following key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\12\Options\Repeating
    4. This should have "PseudoGroup" right click this select Delete.
    5. Close Regedit, and run Xara. Creating live copies should now work correctly.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Oh yes, that worked! Thanks!!

Glad it worked!

Just hit this crash too. Thanks for sharing the fix.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

That is not a solution. We should not have to go into the registry to fix something that we obviously did not break. What about all of the people who updated to the latest patch but do not read these posts?

I suggest that Xara send out another patch to fix this asap.

John
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I agree John.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host