Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Thanks to Xara

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user of Xara X... realy amazing piece of software! I was to this day used to bitmap graphics (mainly using PhotoImpact), and just started to seriously work with vectors.
    My first purpose is webdesign, as it's my job, but i'm also trying more and more to draw illustrations. Here is a first try, a sort of hat or helmet :
    http://www.essentiel.net/demo/foreignimg/hat.jpg

I wish to thanks all folks here for the great ressources and advices, and also to thanks Xara for X.
    In fact i would like X to have some more advanced features (such as action recording and applying, style palette/gallery, mould with any shape, export to PDF without the beed of Acrobat, document tree view like in Canvas, etc.) but i'm confident that Xara will provide at least some of them with the next release... but will it be tomorrow or in 5 years, that's a great question. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Regards from France

Hi everyone,

I'm a new user of Xara X... realy amazing piece of software! I was to this day used to bitmap graphics (mainly using PhotoImpact), and just started to seriously work with vectors.
    My first purpose is webdesign, as it's my job, but i'm also trying more and more to draw illustrations. Here is a first try, a sort of hat or helmet :
    http://www.essentiel.net/demo/foreignimg/hat.jpg

I wish to thanks all folks here for the great ressources and advices, and also to thanks Xara for X.
    In fact i would like X to have some more advanced features (such as action recording and applying, style palette/gallery, mould with any shape, export to PDF without the beed of Acrobat, document tree view like in Canvas, etc.) but i'm confident that Xara will provide at least some of them with the next release... but will it be tomorrow or in 5 years, that's a great question. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Regards from France

Un grand Bonjour et bienvenue Renaud! Quel dommage que Xara X ne soit pas traduit en français; ça le rendrait beaucoup plus populaire en France, j'en suis sûr!

I usually read each month several french computer graphics magazines and only Xara 3D and Webstyle have been a little bit announced there. Some time ago I saw Xara X there presented as a concurrent for Flash, which was of course completely wrong and must have deceived those who installed the demo.

Nevertheless, french people are keen and very imaginative designer and I am sure they could bring a whole bunch of great ideas to our forum.

A big thanks to participate, and allready a very nice image and an interesting use of blends!

Very friendly,
    ivan

Do love french countrysides, re-invent the Rose.

Xara X is not a popular software in France mostly, as you said, because magazines don't talk about it... or when they does they are fery far from the real purpose of the product. They all thinks that quality vector illustration is only possible with heavy and expensive software. It's a pity.

By the way i'm starting to build a website for french ressources about Xara X, wishing it will make it better known, and become a place to share help and experience. The URL is xara.essentiel.net, but right now the site is empty. I plan to write some tutorials, and also to make availlable some bitmap plugins i've made with filter formula... i'll give news here later.

About the tips and tutorials, there are great ones on xaraxone, and i'm wondering how i'll do to write someting new! My works will seam to be just picking and translating parts, and i would not want to ofense Gary and xaraxone contributors.

My english is not realy good, but i have a good understanding, and already made some translation from english to french. So i'm wondering if it could be possible to get in touch with the Xara team to translate the software. Surely that will help to promote and sell Xara X in french speaking area of the world!

Welcome to the Xara X Conference. Your image is tres bon. And please do not worry, your English is 100% better than the few words of French that I know :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> About the tips and tutorials, there are great ones on xaraxone, and i'm wondering how i'll do to write someting new! My works will seam to be just picking and translating parts, and i would not want to ofense Gary and xaraxone contributors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. This is how many of us learn the application. And it gives me an occupation, no? :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Nice image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] LOVE the use of the blends, really interesting and pleasing to the eye!!

Question to you or Ross or Gary. I checked out the FilterFormula. They are using the Euro Currency and I can't figure that kind of stuff out. Can I order it using US $$ and if so, what does the 45. Euro dollars translate into in US $$.

Much Appeciated.

Look forward to seeing your site up and running.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanx for your kind coments [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

45 euros is about US$39

You should be able to order, the bank will do the conversion ;-)

PS : euro is the new money of the European Union... now you'll never have to think to convert to French Franc, Deutch Mark and so on...

[This message was edited by Renaud on March 03, 2002 at 10:22.]

I've been using this page
    Universal Currency Converter

I keep it bookmarked.

Jess

Renaud

We are axiously waiting for your next image :-)

You can post it in The Xara Gallery Conference.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone