Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sticky Discs!

Hybrid View

Default Re: Sticky Discs!

So I downloaded this template. I've playing with and I haven't figured out to fill the space of the cd with the background that I want to use. Any advice how to do this?cd-dvd label.xar

After looking at the files I'm guessing that I should just put the background on the file and just print it that way and it will print within the cd label area?

Place your graphics and texts within the guides of the template but I think you expect too much from these templates. First of all, the position of the label shapes will have to match the one on the adhesive paper on which you want to print them. They have to line up perfectly or else the result is off. That's why such paper often comes with some software to help you print your designs correctly. If not, do as Acorn suggested in post 9.

You could of course print out your labels on a sheet of adhesive paper without the labels being precut. Then you will have to cut them out yourself but that might also not look very professional.

Finally, there's quite some experience with self-labeled CD's and DVD's that stopped working, especially after a period of time. So, make sure that you back up the contents onto another medium.

I have had some labels come unstuck, and in one case I think, in the DVD player (my brother-in-law's).

I used the labelling template, then exported to a jpeg and imported that into my labelling program (Click'N Design). Oh, oh, I didn't reinstall it after the last big crash and reinstallation of (almost) everything.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)