Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How do you feel about the 365 Program?

Acorn, mwenz, handrawn, I suspect there's not much I can say that will persuade you and I fear we are trying other members patience by revisiting the same questions & answers, so I think I'll just say that the pros and cons have been pretty well run thru and we must leave people to make their own judgement on whether to upgrade now, wait till they see something they want to upgrade for, opt for Updates or ignore them, or none of the above. Time will tell us whether this is an idea that the majority of users like or not, and we will respond accordingly.

Acorn, thanks for your constructive feedback on the OCC, I will pass that along. And I agree it's too slow. I noted your comment about missing the Find function in the DG earlier but hesitated to point out that it didn't actually work!

hoja - I'm afraid I didn't actually understand you comment.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Default Re: How do you feel about the 365 Program?

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    hoja - I'm afraid I didn't actually understand you comment.
    Just create a slideshow by using the Xara Slideshow widget. It's the only contemporary tool for presenting large images
    on arbitrary devices which ships with Xara. If one wants to stick to native solutions, this widget is the way to go.

The Slideshow widget differs from many widgets in Xara. It requires users to be online and uploads all content (images)
    somewhere else. Each time one edits the Slideshow, adds or removes images one therefore needs to be online to establish
    a connection to that external Server.

Also the final published website loads its Slideshow content from these remote Servers. Some users may be pretty
    irritated in terms of the legal foundation of this practice – as this data hijacking takes place without even the slightest
    notice. But let's ignore that part for the moment and imagine that a year passes and the user hasn't renewed the
    365 contract for whatever reason.

He/she will find Xara still running but in the same way the Content Catalog has stopped working one can neither
    edit / delete the existing externally hosted Slideshows nor create new ones. A vital Web-functionality has expired.