Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How protect access to website? (say: keyword before you can view it?)

I want to protect a xara website with a secret keyword that the viewer can enter to see it.
    (personal site with only access for peeps that get the password)
    NO difficult encryption is nessecary, just an access word to enter so to say on the entry page?
    (it's not that secret)

I don't prefer a popup because a lot of people have popup blockers. (or am i wrong on this?)

with kind regards, Suzanne.

Default Re: How protect access to website? (say: keyword before you can view it?)

Hello Suzanne

If you publish to your free xara.hosting account, you can add password protection in the Control Center.

After you publish to your xara.hosting account, click the Publish icon again and select Control Center.

In the Control Center you can select a site or pages in a site, and add Password Protection.

Here's an example, http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/password/ Click on Members Only. (I did this some time ago and I do not remember the password)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control center.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	116074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	publish.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	116075  

Default Re: How protect access to website? (say: keyword before you can view it?)

Ah, thank u sir
    I was intending to publish on a subdomain of our business site but xara hosting is a good idea!
    btw: your password isn't pinguin or squirrel....I tried....
    Cheers!

Actually I found it, because I have posted it here on TG, the password is ixnay

lol...what's that???????
    no...thanks...saved me a lot of search...

ixnay is what we call Pig Latin. You move the first letter of each word to the back of the word and add ay. So in Pig Latin (this is something kids do, by the way)

ouyay ovemay the irstfay etterlay of each ordway to the ackbay of the ordway.

Create some objet......regtangle....

In PlaceHolder in "Body (html code)" put this javascript....

<INPUT type=button value=Acceder onclick="acceso()">

<FORM name=formclave>
    <INPUT type=password name=clave>
    </FORM>

<SCRIPT>
    function acceso(){
    window.location = document.formclave.clave.value + ".htm"
    }
    </SCRIPT>

now create other htm (iyou real index) whith a dificult name.....xcj24hr2d3.htm

This name (without ".htm") is your passwor: xcj24hr2d3