Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Xara PGD7 vs newest version XARA - Export speed issue

Hi,

I have been using XPGD7 for years at work and haven't updated but have been considering the new Xara, however I notice when I export on XPGD7, from the file export menu to the export settings takes less than a second, whereas the new Xara takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds to reach the export menu. This might sound minimal but when faced with hundreds of images I have to export, it will slow down the entire process I have developed. I work in very high volume of graphics (hundreds a day) and need the fastest means to export. Does anyone know if I could reach the same, almost instant, speed for the transition of the file menu to the exporting screen as i have in XPGD7?

Thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: Xara PGD7 vs newest version XARA - Export speed issue

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    Hi,

I have been using XPGD7 for years at work and haven't updated but have been considering the new Xara, however I notice when I export on XPGD7, from the file export menu to the export settings takes less than a second, whereas the new Xara takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds to reach the export menu. This might sound minimal but when faced with hundreds of images I have to export, it will slow down the entire process I have developed. I work in very high volume of graphics (hundreds a day) and need the fastest means to export. Does anyone know if I could reach the same, almost instant, speed for the transition of the file menu to the exporting screen as i have in XPGD7?

Thanks!
    Ron, that doesn't feel right.
    I have a slow W10 laptop and I can hit File > Export PNG..., get the Export file dialog, type in a filename and hit the Settings... button.
    My PNG Export Bitmap Options opens in under a second.

It might be your file size. So try this.
    Use the Solo button in the P&L gallery and then export as normal.
    This hides away all the unwanted objects and so rendering is far more quick.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It's not the file size, using the exact same files with both versions and the delay is very obvious. I have tried this with different designs, all just a single small-ish image.
    Ron Cavagnaro

Ron, I just tried it in XP&GD 365 and it worked flawlessly and fast. Are you using a trial version? I wonder if there could be a difference but I wouldn't think so.

EDIT: Do you perhaps have a virus checker and other programs running at the same time and bogging down your machine?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I just made sure it was an exception in the antivirus software, but it still delays whereas XPGD7 has almost no delay. It is the trial version I am testing. Any other ideas?
    Ron Cavagnaro

It would be an instant buy if we can fix this, Xara...
    Ron Cavagnaro