Hi Folks,

I am producing several WWII campaign maps for a friends book. The area is quite large - N (Denmark), S (Munich), E (Prague) and W (Bristol), and although the page size for the maps, in landscape format, is 236mm x 153mm, allowing for margins they have to fit into an area 206mm x 118mm. My problem is that I have to fit many Luftwaffe bases and 1-3 USAAF BD flight paths, as well as Luftwaffe attack paths, and I can't find a font small and clear enough at 100% page size to get everything in. The best I can find is 'Vrinda' 8pt and 'Arial Narrow' 8pt, but these are too small and unclear.

My question is, am I flogging a dead horse here, is the task impossible considering the area to cover and amount of content, or is there a magic font out there that will, even though small, will allow clarity and allow me to complete the task?

I just thought of another question: I'm also providing some diagrams for 'inline' page use. Do I have to know the page/text layout so as to ensure diagrams fit at 100% and text is clear and readable?

Thanks for any help.
Les