Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stop and Post January 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Very neat, and very nice perspective. Might I offer a suggestion? I've highlighted one spot among a few that could benefit from a little highlighting.
    I agree Ron, The different planes all seem to run together with no real visual separation.

Attachment 116079

sometimes you just have to cheat
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Cheers Larry, thanks for the input. The drawing is of a local landmark & unfortunately it's North facing (the right hand side) whilst the East side is shadowed by a neighbouring building and I don't want to 'lie' about the light direction or shadows. However it's a work in progress, most of the colours are named so it's fairly simple to adjust things and I tend to do highlights once an image is almost complete.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

"@ Bob, hope you get your problem fixed some how, even if it means reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling everything. Massive pain I know and I wouldn't do it except as a last resort." Thanks Larry, the list of things that don't work for me on TG gets longer. I can no longer post replies with quotes I just get a spinning wait icon. I am not convinced that my hard drive is responsible for what happens to me here at TG. I'm not prepared to format a hard drive based on a hunch that something must be wrong with it when everything I want to do on my PC is working normally, it doesn't make any sense to do that. Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

It could be a browser cache issue for this site if other sites are working fine. Aside from just forcing a refresh, the cache itself might need deleting. You may be able to use your main browser's tools/options or its developers tools to try it.

Mike

Thanks, Mike,I have deleted my browser cache and this to test if it has made any difference. [line spacing]I previously tried using the Opera browser instead of my regular Google one, but that made no difference. [line spacing]Bob. [line spacing]Well. that hasn't worked either. (smiley)
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 02 February 2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Well, it's February already but this is what I made in January. Part of my Green Tara thangka.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wind Horse in Clouds_4.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	116093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Monastery_0_2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	116092  

Art. Absolutely love looking at them, Fred.

Agree with Mike. The 'cloud' effect is particularly impressive. The horse in clouds is very Beatle - Yellow Submaine with shading. Thanks for sharing Fred.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Mike end Egg! Seems I developed more into a hippy (coming from an old punk )

Beautiful, Fred, thank you.