Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nav bar

Default Re: Nav bar

Ah, OK. It looks like you need to Ungroup Home, Home Care, Staff, FAQ, and Careers... ungroup not remove soft group. Then select Home, Home Care, Staff, FAQ, Careers, *AND* Contact Us and Group these together. You should then be able to make the nav bar a repeating object.

Iggy, the problem is on your home page, the menu isn't a navbar. On the other pages the menu is a repeating navbar. So copy the navbar on any page other than the index page, then hit delete / delete on all pages.

Now in the index page, select all the independent menus and delete. Delete the Contact Us button / delete on all pages.

Now Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste in place). Double click the menubar you've just pasted, give the Careers a link to the Careers Page. Add a Contact Us button. (Just a # at present as you don't have a Contact Page.

Finally, with the navbar selected, right click and select Repeating Object / Repeat on all pages.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

rrrggghhhh.....no go. I even ungrouped everything, deleted the backgrounds and trying. Put the backgrounds back grouped it all together and still no nav bar icon. Gotta figure this out, but tomorrow. It's time to go.

Bramhill, I got the bar by making the original one repeating on all the pages. My dilemma is I wanted to edit the bar and make the font larger. In order to do that I had to ugroup it. After I ungrouped and did what I needed, I couldn't put it back together again. Well I put it back together, I just couldn't get it to be a nav bar again.

Iggy, read my post above again. I said your index page didn't have a navbar, but your other pages did. All you needed to do was delete the non navbar buttons on the index page.

On any other page select the word Home with the text tool and change the font to a larger size. All the other button fonts will change too, including the mouse over text.

Add a Contact Us button on the navbar.

Repeat on all pages.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, thanks mate. I paid attention finally and did exactly what you told me to do. Damn't, it's always the simplest things. Thanks again mate.