Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X1 Installation

Hybrid View

Greetings All,
    Since I don't believe in having "business/work" computers connected to the internet, I am wondering how to install X1.

The exe returns to Xara for some additional files. I suppose this is some sort of copy protection device.

Any ideas ??
    Regards,
    tad

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

I think they have been too busy rewriting and debugging to do anything except scribble a few notes. It takes a meeting with all the programmers and management to combine all these notes into something that can be released to the public.
    John/DOT

NO that can't be right John. I'm quite sure that all the bug fixes and what not are all documented. I was doing some PM'ing with Neil today about the brush engine and some of my findings and observations and I asked him in the last email that I sent to him if it would be possible to post the "history" info so those of us that are interested can read through. I think he had gone home by the time I sent my last email, so maybe I'll get a response tomorrow.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Greetings All,
    Since I don't believe in having "business/work" computers connected to the internet, I am wondering how to install X1.

The exe returns to Xara for some additional files. I suppose this is some sort of copy protection device.

Any ideas ??
    Regards,
    tad

I forgot to add! Nice to see you at the forums again, Tad! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

We've now updated the Xara X1 trial so it will allow you to download and install GDI+ and XML4 separately if the installer can't access the internet. There are also a few other fixes included in the latest version (dated 1-Jun-04). You can download it from www.xara.com/downloads/xarax/ and you can find more information on installing GDI+ and XML4 at http://xara.com/support/xarax/extras/.

You do not need to be connected to the internet to run Xara X1.

Regards, Neil

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Richard,

So are those just Neils notes? How many sharks are feeding on this carcass right now? Who is knawing on what, at any particular instant? Big bites are logged, little nibbles are jotted down.

I know when I program I have trouble keeping track of which things I changed on which version. Throw a half dozen programmers into the mix, each fixing their "part" and more stuff will get fixed without a common bug tracking. You start fixing one thing, then find another while you are debugging. You doodle it down, but not everyone knows everything all the time. I think they are busting their chops trying to get it right for the release.
    John/DOT

I just think that Charles runs a tighter ship that that. In order to know when one fix causes a new bug to show up there has to be documentation in order to back track. I guess we won't know for sure untill Charles logs on and lets us know the story. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

The_Bat! e-mail client, while being unparalleled in its power, has a tendency to shatter misconceptions of how development really goes. Especially if you subscribe to the discussion list . . .

It doesn't enjoy Xara's near bug-free fluid operation, though. . .

Thanks for the answer(s) -- was just curious.

Thanks for the info, Alex; is there a version history available anywhere outlining the changes/fixes between download versions?