Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just watched the new movie on drop shadows and it reminded me of something that is kind of a nuisance.

You can select mulitple objects and change the shadow type, feathering, or opacity for all of the objects at once. However, you can not (at least I don't think you can) change the drop shadow COLOR for all at once.

If you want to change the drop shadow colors of several objects you have to Shift-Click on each DROP shadow, then click on a color swatch. If the shadows are positioned close to their parent objects or involve small parent objects, then selecting each drop shadow can be time consuming.

I'd like to see a color-icon in the Shadow Tool Infobar, that when enabled (a toggle mode), all drop shadows of a multiple selection could be changed at once; either by clicking on a color swatch or dragging a color from the swatch onto one of the drop shadows .

I just watched the new movie on drop shadows and it reminded me of something that is kind of a nuisance.

You can select mulitple objects and change the shadow type, feathering, or opacity for all of the objects at once. However, you can not (at least I don't think you can) change the drop shadow COLOR for all at once.

If you want to change the drop shadow colors of several objects you have to Shift-Click on each DROP shadow, then click on a color swatch. If the shadows are positioned close to their parent objects or involve small parent objects, then selecting each drop shadow can be time consuming.

I'd like to see a color-icon in the Shadow Tool Infobar, that when enabled (a toggle mode), all drop shadows of a multiple selection could be changed at once; either by clicking on a color swatch or dragging a color from the swatch onto one of the drop shadows .

That sounds like a good idea. What do the rest of us think?

Yes, yes you're 100% right, John!!!

Xander

Count me in.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

If the Name Gallery could somehow show Drop Shadows, ex-whenever there are multiple colors, you could select all the drop shadows of that color. Maybe?
    Or if while in the name gallery you could select all line objects with intestine, (more specific- All Intestine Lines with a 2pt thickness) once selected, to be drop shadowed.

If the Name Gallery were a bit more functional you'd be able to select anything by combining items from different groups. Something that could be used for grabbing items for drop shadowing as well. High on my wish list
    Ww
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE